Missing Marbles

Friday, July 07, 2006

WHEN GOOD PETS ACT LIKE BAD PUPPIES!

After my Aunt Bev's pet purging post, my cousin Sarah's post about all her pets (bless her heart!) and my mom writing about how Chelsea needs Zoloft (which she SO does NOT need), I thought I would join the pet bandwagon and share a photo...

That is Andy and I's couch that Princess Codilums destroyed when she was 6 months old. Is this the first couch she destroyed? Oh no...this is the second couch she destroyed. The first couch was Andy's ex-girlfriend's so I really could have cared less...well, except for the fact that we were couchless for a little while. That was fun...NOT. This poor couch was the couch I got when my Grandmother passed away. Ask my mom, this couch was hideous before Cody got ahold of it. It was a 1970's Ethan Allen couch that my grandma thought was stunning, spectacular, beautiful. We all smiled and nodded. :) Anyhoo, this is what our sweet dog did to our couch. I am embarrased to be showing this but this is truly what hppens when you have a lab/sharpei puppy!

Now, if I could pan around to the right (sorry, can't do that) you would all see holes in my wall where she would lay on her side and scratch...for hours while we were away. To the left side of the couch, there is a hole in the wall about 5 feet up...Andy blamed it on Cody. Hmmm, interesting? How could a puppy put a hole in the wall 5 feet up? Well, she runs under her Daddy's feet when he stands up, trips him and he uses the wall to break his fall! She also dug up the carpet in our bedroom and REPEATEDLY dug up the sprinkler system in our yard...imagine my surprise when I came home from work one day to find a mini-geiser in my front yard. Again, embarrassing and to this day I hope none of the neighbors saw. Thankfully, this all happened at our old duplex. Should I say "thankfully"? Probably not since we ended up OWING money when we left. But, she is our Princess and we love her. We love her even more now that she is potty trained and no longer has an interest in our couches or walls! You really would think she was a terror, completely hyper and fearless, right?

Wrong! This is the fearless terror hiding in our bath tub, behind the curtains because she is terrified of fire crackers. Even though there was a fire ban here in Junction, our neighborhood was CRAZY with fireworks and I seriously thought the poor thing was going to go into cardiac arrest. But, I did think this was pretty funny! My little chicken dog!

So, there is my pet story of the week. Trust me, she keeps me busy and I could come up with tons but I just thought I would give you all a taste of my puppy days! But, I love her so I'm gonna keep her around for awhile. Besides, she and Cam are buds!

11 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

That's probably the cutest picture I've ever seen of Cody. What a big chicken. How funny that she jumped into the tub and hid behind the shower curtain. What a character!

xoxoxo

7:31 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

She cracks me up! She's seriously the funniest dog I have ever met! All of the pets I have owned have been quirky!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Jake ate a couch. Elway ate a couch. I didnt find it funny either time. Nor was it cheap. We now have a leather couch and if a dog ate it we'd have dog meatloaf. Seriously.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Aunt Bev- You know, for some reason I really believe you would have dog meatloaf! Would that be considered pet purging? :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Dog meatloaf. Oh, Bev. You just made your new reputation all that much worse. Ew. xoxoxo

5:46 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Smart dog. Knows that the safest place is in the bathtub. Or is that just for tornados?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Daddy- we don't have tornados out here...but we do have ginormous spiders...and firecrackers...and thunder, which also freaks her out. What a chicken, huh?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

We do have ginormous spiders! Any creature that knows to be afraid is very smart!

I can't say, however, that I would ever hide in a bathtub from anything, espcially a tornado. Is there something built in that keeps them from flying around or something? Am I to believe that even though there are trucks and ovens flying around over my head, I would be safe in a bathtub? Please!

Cute post, though. That is such a cute picture! Too funny.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You know, you could do what a friend of mine did--she stuffed her dog. Really. Now I think she actually waited until the dog died a natural death, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't consider hastening it on yourself. But if you get really desperate, it's an option:) And I really do like animals, I promise. As long as they don't live with me.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Man oh man, that would creep me out! Do people really do that? Wow...reminds me of the grandma on the movie Hope Floats and her stuffed "scardy cats". Unfortunately it also reminds me of the creepy movie Pet Cemetary for some reason.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

There's a movie out there where some psycho guy actually stuffed his Grandmother. I can't remember the name of it. You probably don't want to see it anyway.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home