Missing Marbles

Thursday, June 01, 2006

THURSDAY THIRTEEN

Wow, everyone wrote these sweet and serious things they love about themselves. But, given the weekend I had, mine is a little more comical. Hey, I need a little humor in my life and who better to poke fun at than me!!! Here goes:

1. I love that I'm a bookworm. A true bookworm even though I have had a baby. I take my books to work and read them on my lunch hour.

2. I love that I seem to make people laugh. And that makes me feel good. At least I'm not making people cry!

3. I love that I have no problem throwing things away. Ask mom, I hate clutter. Hate it! So, if it serves absolutely no useful purpose in my life...goners!

4. I love that I burst out in song in my office. Ever feel like singing a little tune? Well, I do. And it isn't always the one playing on the radio. Most of the songs I sing at work are commercial jingles.

5. I love that I don't shop as much as I used to. Trust me, that is a good thing. Unfortunately I am still paying for clothes I can't fit into anymore.

6. I love that when I DO shop, I have no problem shopping in PJ's. Most of my shopping trips are quick trips so who cares, right?

7. I love that I learned to budget. Hee, hee...it took me a little while but with my father's help I got it all figured out!

8. I love that I love trucks! I would love to own a Nissan Titan or a Toyota Tacoma. I have a little neon now and it's a little girly...I would like to sit up a little higher on the road. I'm short so I have a "small" complex.

9. I eat the same things when I go to restaraunts. ALWAYS sesame chicken, ALWAYS pepperoni pizza, ALWAYS lasagna...etc. etc.

10. OK, to get a little personal here...I love that I take a book to read when I go to the bathroom! Sorry, but it's more quiet time for me to read!!!

11. I love that I take 35 minute showers...and HOT ones. Again...more me time...without the book, of course.

12. I love that my hubby picked me. That is the most wonderful feeling in the world. And it's also great that he thought it was cool to have babies with me!

13. I love that I survived Rotavirus!!! Enough said!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

We have a few things in common.
#3, #7, and #10 we don't have in common.

Love your list! I chose a different topic for mine.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Funny you and I swear I didnt know you were a bookworm. Really had no idea. I loved reading what you love about you. And it was nice for one solid day not to beat ourselves up, dont you think. xooxox

9:26 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

You've always loved books. My fault I'm proud to say! I didn't know you sing commercials at work! The people you work with should try watching a movie you've seen over and over again with you. You're the only person I know who knows every last single line in Steel Magnolias. I love your list. It's perfect. You're perfect! (almost)

xoxoxo

10:23 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Krissy, nobody is as perfect as mom, but you come pretty close. I did not know you broke into song at work. I also did not know that you went out in public in "lounging clothes." You can never give me a hard time about this again. I always knew you were a book worm, and I love that about you. The bathroom, though? Wow! Kids certainly change you! I think my very favorite thing about you is that you are funny. Really funny. You're the kind of funny that makes me laugh again hours later, when I remember what you did or said. Love you lots, and love your post!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Aunt Bev- I love books. LOVE them...I have a bookshelf in my office that is overflowing with books. Some books I have had for like 4 years but haven't gottne to them yet. That's how much I like books. And I only buy books if the cover looks interesting. Strange, huh?

Mandy- Sweetie, my loung clothes aren't PJ pants with a turtleneck UNDER a sweatshirt. :)

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home