Missing Marbles

Friday, June 30, 2006

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY...


Exactly one year ago today, this is what I was doing. Well, not exactly one year ago since technically Cam wasn't born until 10pm, straight up, and it's pretty early in the morning here. Anyhoo, Here I was! Looks like fun, doesn't it? Well now, one year later, I can say that it was fun. If you would have asked me on this day a year ago I would have burst into tears and sobbed "no"! This was June 30th but all of this began the morning of the 29th- I was induced by my doctor at 11am, checked into the hospital at 3pm, labored until midnight and was then sent home. Back to the hospital at 8am the next day. Labored until noon at which point my doctor broke my water. That was disgusting and I am thrilled that I never have to experience that again...my contractions really hit about 5 seconds later. I lasted for all of 20 minutes before I practically begged for an epidural. Labored until 7pm and that's where the real fun began. I pushed and pushed and pushed. I said one bad word the whole time and felt really bad about it. I also felt bad for snapping at the nurse...she told me that she could see his hair and I told her to reach up there, grab it and get him out! Obviously that did not happen because I was being wheeled into the operating room for a c-section 2 hours later. Fun, right?



This sweet little thing is the reason I can say the experience was fun. This was my precious little first born son when he was one day old. He was so small! Well, not small enough since he got stuck and he had to be removed via c-section but whatever...here he is! He weighed 7lbs 7oz., was 20 1/4 inches long and named after his Papa (Cameron Robert). He had the darkest hair and for a couple of days it did this weird Bird-Of-Paradise flippy thing in the front. I loved him the minute he was born! I didn't get to see much of him right afterwards because my doctor had to knock me out after the delivery...I woke up about an hour and a half later to this beautiful little boy just staring at me. It was so awesome! For those of you who know me I'm sure you can tell right away that he looks just like his Daddy...I think the only thing he got from me was my dark hair and it's not even dark anymore. I miss him being this little but...


This stage is also great. Look at him...isn't he too cute!? He loves his bath time. He loves his stuffed monkey and stuffed frog, he loves goldfish crackers, Fruit Loops and orange sherbert push-ups. He loves Cody (our dog) and nana and papa. He loves his Aunt Mandy and Uncle Aaron. I KNOW he loves his Daddy (they're buddies!). He growls at you to be cute and screams at you when he's hungry or wants your food. He laughs when you tickle the inside of his thighs or under his chin. He cries when he has bad dreams and then clings to his mama until they go away and he can sleep peacefully again. All these things I have learned about my son over this past year.

Today he is one. One! I can hardly believe it because it still feels like I just brought him home. I can honestly say my life is better because of this child. I look forward to all the changes he will go through in the upcoming years and I look forward to all the things I'm sure he'll teach me. He will always be my baby...even when he's 50 with babies of his own. He is my first born son and that, to me, is precious. I thank God for him every day and I hope he knows, or will come to know, just how much I love him.

So Happy Birthday my sweet Cameron! Today is all about you and only you...

10 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Happy Birthday, Baby! What an adorable post, Kris. The photos are priceless. I really hated that two days of labor ended in surgery for you but I'm with you -- I know you'll face surgery again when you have the next baby but at least it will be a heck of a lot quicker and a whole lot less painful than it was for you to get this baby here.

You know how his Papa and I feel about this little guy - he's just about our favorite person in the whole world. Sweet, sweet little boy.
xoxoxo

6:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So precious! Happy Birthday, Cameron! (And Krissy, today is my best friend's birthday, and right now she's delivering her first little girl--they get to share a birthday!!) You'll never forget his first birthday--I hope it's the best!!!xoxo

7:39 AM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Sweet sweet post. The best thing about going through labor, you get to relive it over and over. Eventually you even get to tell him all about how much trouble he was to bring into the world. Hard to believe a year has gone by, isn't it! He's a cutie.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Thank you everyone! I am so excited for his birthday you would think it's my birthday! Sarah- I hope your friend has a smooth delivery and she has a precious little girl! I wonder if I'll ever have a litle girl?

8:47 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Of course you'll have a little girl. Because you have to keep having babies until you DO have a little girl. And you have to name her Madison so I can call her Maddy. Because I said so.....

I tagged you to do the 7 Things About Me meme.

xoxoxo

9:48 AM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

What a sweetie pie!! Happy Birthday, Cameron! Many happy returns, darlin'. My only daughter is almost 19, and I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. My Mama had 5, and she remembered all our births like that, in vivid detail.

Ain't God good? :-)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Happy Birthday, precious one! How'd the party go? Can't wait to hear.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

What a sweet post! I still remember that day vividly, but I am pretty sure you handled it better than I did.

You HAVE to get me a copy of that bath picture. How cute that he is sitting in the sink!

Your party was a great success, and a lot of fun! When do you plan on washing the icing out of his hair? What a mess!

Love you, and give you props for being one of the best mommmies ever!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

So his big birthday party is over...he's going to bed tonight with icing in his hair but he couldn't care less and Mommy is exhausted. He'll get all cleaned up tomorrow. You did good, Honey. I'm so proud of you..for what you went through to get him here (I doubt I could have handled two days of labor, three hours of pushing and a c-section nearly as well as you did - in fact, I know I couldn't have) but also because you're just such a good mommy. This baby is so lucky that you're his mom.

Your dad and I will thank you until our dying day for giving us this wonderful grandchild. And today brought back sweet memories of YOUR first birthday. Such sweet memories.

I couldn't possibly be prouder of you and I couldn't possibly love you more. xo

10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He is adorable!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home