Missing Marbles

Friday, June 02, 2006

CAM'S FIRST BIRTHDAY

Can I just say that I am sooooo excited for Camerons' first birthday? I mean, really excited. So excited that I booked the park in March. There is just something so cool about throwing a birthday party for my kid. That is still so strange for me to say, "my kid". I feel like I just gave birth to him!

Anyhoo- some people think I am a dork because I am having a birthday party for my 1 year old who won't remember the day but I don't care. I already have a theme picked out...Baby Einstein!!!! I think the Baby Einstein characters are so adorable and Cam cracks up at the elephants. Last weekend (before the Rotavirus hit) I bought his cute little invitations to send out. I got party hats for the littler kids in the family to wear, as well as, little treat bags to make for those kids. Hey, I got treat bags when I went to b-day parties so why not, right? I bought cake plates and napkins, all with the Baby Einstein characters, and plan to buy red plates to match for the BBQ food. Oh yeah, that's the plan by the way. A big ol' cook out with lots of yummy food and cake! I'm thinking about taking a picture of the Baby Einstein caterpillar to Wal-Mart and having the cake made with him on it. :)

The sweetest thing I got for him was this little felt hat that says "It's My First Birthday". How cute, huh? PLEASE tell me there are other mothers out there that got excited for the first birthday! I am going to get balloons in primary colors to decorate the picnic area with and I am thinking about having Jimmy Buffett playing in the background. Hee, hee...what a dorky mom I am!

Hopefully I didn't bore anyone to death...I had to think of something to Blog about before everyone stopped coming to visit me! I can not be the slacker in the dynasty, that would be awful! So, please feel free to stop by and tell me what a big silly mommy I am for wanting to play Jimmy Buffet at my son's birthday party. His FIRST birthday party! Woohoo!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger My Purpose: said...

Hey, sweet cousin! I don't think your blog is boring at all! In fact, I would imagine that I will probably be writing one very similar to it about a year from now. And, of course, because that is what good cousins do, you will read all the details in my post and marvel over them also. Right? Of course! Anyway, the party sounds precious. I wish I could be there for it. Oh, and would definitely do the caterpillar cake...the cake is everything! Love ya!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Leslie- Yay! It was so good to hear from you!!! I am so happy you are blogging with us now. I want nothing less than ALL the details of your little one growing up. In fact, I can't wait for the stories to begin! :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Krissy, you are exactly like all mommies who's baby is turning one. It's a big, big deal! And yes, they're too young to remember the party which is why you take at least two hundred photos. You don't remember your first birthday but you've seen the photos a million times so you know I went over the top. And YOUR cake was three layers separated with columns with dancing clowns on top!

I love seeing the chatter between you girls, the cousins. You girls make Mom and Bev and me so proud!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Only play Jimmy Buffet if you can stand to listen to it in upcoming years. And of course youre not silly - kid birthdays are the best because all the guests get to be a kid again. enjoy, enjoy and take tons of photos. and defnitely make all the adults wear dorky hats. its the best.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Krissy! GrandMa's a little out of date here. What is a caterpillar cake? I don't think it's possible to make too many pics or celebrate too many things about your children, and if that includes Jummy Buffet background music, hey, why not! GrandMa. P.S. Can we make a four generation pic at the party? I have a five generation one that includes your Mom I will show you sometime.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Aunt Bev- I love Jimmy so I think I could stand to listen to him in future years. :) Dad took me to see him in concert when I was in the 11th grade, it was awesome!

Grandma- It's not a caterpilalr cake...it's a cake with a caterpillar drawn on it with icing. I'll show you a picture. :)

Mom- I think I get my party excitment from you. I think my ability to plan well for a party is the ONLY organizational skill I inherited from you. :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'm with Bev on the dorky hats - a must for all 1st birthday parties. And tons of pictures.

When's the shindig? Are we all invited?

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Krissy - I'm guessing you are also related to this clan of bloggers I've been reading? How many of there are you??? :)
I'm glad you're excited about his birthday - HOW FUN!!!! And, no, HE won't remember it - but YOU will, and he will see all the pictures....so take lots. It's all about making a memory, and make it a good one! (And enjoy the few years when YOU get to pick the theme - he'll soon be picking his own!) I hope you have fun!!!!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Brenda- If you all feel like flying in then you are free to join us! :)

Terri- thanks for dropping in. I think I will enjoy picking the themes for thenext few years. EVERY birthday party we have for our nephew is at Chuck E Cheese's so I am very happy to chose the next few themes!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Oh, this is the best. First birthday, first child! You're not crazy, and I like the theme. The caterpillar cake sounds yummy. It's just fun having a big party.

Plus, you kinda need it. Since he's your only child and all, you need it to stock up on all those toys and clothes your gonna need for the next year. Yeah, maybe I am a little greedy! Enjoy.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

So Miss Krissy - its been a week, where are you????

5:48 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Krissy, I am excited about Cameron's birthday, too, but then when have I not been excited about Cameron? Okay, the rotavirus and the spitting up phase were a little bit of a turnoff, but he's over those now. He is...right?

Anyway, if you need any planning help, let me know. I'm your gal.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Krissy, post was done on June 2. It is the 15th. So WHERE are you???? No pressure but I'll be checking to see when you show up again...

8:25 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hi Sweetie. I think everyone's just anxious to hear from you again. I love your posts.

xoxoxoxo
Mom

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home