Missing Marbles

Saturday, May 20, 2006

WHAT THE HECK TOOK ME SO LONG?

Well, well, well...Look who decided to join the blogging world. I have to admit, I am a little surprised by the fact that I am actually writing my first blog. So, everyone, please be patient with me...I am a little nervous and am suffering from writers block already!

I have to be completely honest here...I gave my mother a very hard time when she told me she started blogging. I told her she was silly, I teased her about being a computer nerd and what not. She MADE me go to her website and read her first blog. Very impressive, I will admit that. My mother has always been a wonderful writer. But, I told her that I really didn't see myself with a enough time in my day to be hopping on and off her website. What a rude daughter, huh? I must have been extremely sleep deprived that day.

I think my interest in blogging really began when my mom told me that the "dynasty", being my family, were all bloggers. This was right about the time my cousin, Sarah, was due to have Addison. After Addison was born and my mom was telling about the struggles she was having, I immediately became concerned for my cousin and her family and logged on every day to see any updates. That was it...that was all it took. I started to read Sarah's other posts and quickly became hooked. I noticed the links to my Aunt Bev and grandmother and checked out their blog spots. THEN my sister, Mandy, came up with a blog and I thought "OK, if she, a teacher with a classroom full of small children, can find time to blog then so can I!". And by this time I was starting to feel completely out of the loop!!! Something had to be done about this because, at the risk of sounding childish, I hate to feel left out. Even at 26 years old. Call it the kid in me, I guess. :)

So here I am!!!! After my mom slaved her entire Saturday away to get me set up with my own blog, I now join the family dynasty. I told my husband that I had my own blog and he cracked up. He called me a fruit loop, a lovely pet name he has for me because he thinks I am nuts most of the time. That's OK, I gave birth (AFTER 36 hours of labor which ended in a c-section) to his son and therefore feel entitled to act like a fruit loop when I chose.

So, to end this wonderful first blog of mine, I leave you with a few warnings: 1. This is all still very strange to me so please be patient. My mother had to show me this very wacky way of starting a new papragraph. Strange, very strange. 2. I have a 10 month old so my thoughts tend to wander and I may jump subjects every now and then. I apologize for this now. 3. I do not pride myself on my writing skills. Everyone in my family are beautiful writers and I still need some practice. I tend to tell stories better in person so it may take some getting used to to put them in writing. 4. I talk a lot about my husband, my son and my dog. They are my life, my entire world, my reason for walking this earth and no one brings me greater pleasure than these three people (my dog is a people). There are other people, like my family, that bring me joy but I'm sure you all know what I mean. And last, but not least, 5. I insert smiley faces and frowns. Can't help it- it is a typing habit I can not break. This drives some people crazy so, again, I apologize to anyone who hates typed smiley faces and frowns.

On that note, I will publish this and see what you all think. I take constructive crticism very well so please feel free to be completely honest with me. I do not get offended easily so I grant permission for people to tell stories about me, if they like. As long as they are nice. :) And honest. :)

18 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

I love your heart!

NEVER worry about being a good writer -- most of us aren't, you know. We just do a lot of girl talk.

This is a lovely post and a great way for people to meet my daughter who I'm soooo proud of.

BTW (by the way - I didn't know that one). A gentle reminder that I tagged you for Thursday 13. So it's Saturday but we all still want to know 13 reasons why you love summer and it's OK if Mandy beat you to some of them since you did, after all, spend most of your summers together.

I'm just so proud of you - tickled pink as M'Lynn would say.

xoxoxoMom

Psssst...I'm sooo glad you didn't name your blog "Winding My Butt and Scratching My Watch"

3:59 PM  
Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hey, Krissy,
A great first entry!! I'm looking forward to getting acquainted, and feel free to just be yourself. You don't have to feel like you need to impress anyone here, we're all just home folks who want to be friends....The ones who aren't related to you, that is, LOL. ;-)

More, please, as you find the time. :-)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Well...this tears it. I am surrounded by bloggers. When you were growing up my house was filled with female hormones. (2 female cats, 1 female dog, 2 little girls, 1 wife and an aquarium full of female fish. I didn't stand a chance. Now this. The only reason I am even on the computer now is that your mom is not here. I snuck in and started using the computer

4:22 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Mom- thanks for the sweet comment. I think we are all going to have a lot of fun blogging together. I will probably do my Thursday Thirteen tomorrow morning when Cam is asleep.

Diane-I hope that I have as many stories to tell as everyone else. And don't worry- as soon as I get more used to blogging my REAL personality will start to show!!!

Sorry, Dad- out numbered by women again. Don't be surprised if I mention you every now and then in my blogs. We share some very funny stories!!!!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Krissy! You just crack me up. It's only 7:45 here and I know exactly what's going on at your house right now. Dinner time for daddy and baby, bath time for baby, etc. And here you are blogging when you told me you didn't know if you'd be able to find time.

Sorry, Honey. Your hopelessly hooked!

xoxoxo

6:48 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Krissy - I love the name of your blog! And it fits so well with your template - how cute is that?

We're all missing a few marbles, in case you haven't read some of our blogs (most of us are moms, so most likely the kids have 'em, fed 'em to the dog, or flushed 'em.)

Welcome to blogging! You're off to a great start, and I can't wait to read more.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Just don't emntion ECO week

7:33 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

OOOOPs....that's mention

7:33 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Krissy! Welcome to blogging! Now it is official - the dynasy is almost complete. Now we just need Leslie to get one, and all of us are in! I love your title (better than the butt thing), and your template is adorable. It is cuter than mine, which kind of makes me mad, but I will get over it.

Don't be nervous, and don't worry about writer's block (we all get it). You'd be surprised when a blog idea will come to you. And you are a better writer than you think. I am not a fabulous writer, I just talk a lot.

You are always sleep deprived, and likely will stay that way for a while. Don't fret - almost everyone here has kids, so they understand. I have 19 kids, and I have seen you and mom do the Cameron thing, so I understand, too.

A few reminders: you were a fruit loop long before Cameron came along; all dogs are people, and cats, too. I have a pet rock in my classroom named Hector, who doubles as a door holder. He is a people, too. (Isn't third grade the perfect asylum for me?) It is okay if all you talk about are Cameron, Andy, and Cody. All I talk about is my class.

I am so glad you made it! Now I can visit you every day! Can't wait to hear what that marbles-short brain of yours comes up with. Should be interesting!

And so it begins...

7:45 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Hello sweet Krissy - how nice that I'll get to talk to you through cyberspace. I'm going to take a look and see if we can get your sweet mom/boy photo up. Write away - Grandma says practice makes perfect, or at least better. xoxoxo

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Krissy! I'm not sure if you really want to tell people you're related to all of us, but I am glad you're part of the blogging family! Now if we can just talk Leslie into doing it. She still does MySpace, but maybe we can guilt her into blogging instead!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Sarah, I agree! All of us girls are part of this dynasty thing, but we need Leslie to complete it. Maybe we should all start bombarding her with emails, begging her to blog. Even if she enters unwillingly, we all know she will love it!

What is myspace? Okay, so I have heard of it, just like the crocs thing, but what exactly is it?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Krissy, I suppose since I'm the oldest one here it's allright that this family comment is last. (older people are slower) But I'm sure you will see many more. Please don't fret about blogging. Depends on what's on your mind any given day. And I wouldn't worry about missing marbles. Anyone who did as well as you did in school, i.e., I remember some scholarships you got, and I distinctly remember a young girl who played ball so well they called her "the wall"..... and what about that Krissy who earned a business degree. The mere thought of all the math and computer training it required would scare me off. So here you are after all that, and surviving pregnancy and a delivery that should get you a four star "Mom" rating..... living in a male environment with Andy, Cameron and Cody). So what's a girl to do?? Blog!! I Love you. Grandma.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Hallelujah - your photo - I can sleep tonight!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Krissy! Cute photo! I see mom finally figured it out! How sweet is our dear mom? She slaved away all day getting your picture to post, and my sidebar cleaned up... We should do something nice for her!

I know, let's let her cook us dinner! Oh, wait, she does that too! What doesn't she do?

Well, I am off to bed. It's a school night! Looking forward to your next blog!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Sorry, your next POST! I'll get it! (See, we're all learning. But I'm just in third grade, so I have an excuse).

XOXOXO

9:26 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

OK, that's just plain weird. I got your photo in your profile but only if you clicked on "view my complete profile. Wasn't on the front page at all. I swear, there are DEMONS in my computer, little drive-mom-crazy demons! So I spent hours and hours going back to the template, reading html code, reading help stuff, trying to figure out why it wouldn't show on your opening page. Now all of a sudden it just pops up! But I AM glad it's there. Whew! Let's leave your blog exactly like it is for a while. Looks great!

xoxoxo

9:35 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Holy Moly everybody!!!! Thanks for all the great comments- and don't worry, I thought of my next blog this morning at 3:30am, after my husband woke me up when he left for work.

Aunt Bev and Mom- thank you so much for getting my picture set up. I mainly wanted people to see what Cameron looked like- even though that picture is about 6 months old. We just took some not too long ago so maybe we can scan a new one in? Hee, hee

I really will try to get better at blogging, time-wise that is. I have to figure out how to get some time in during the week between work, Cameron and Andy. Maybe I can do a little post at lunch today. Either way, you should all see something from me tonight. It will be a post that I think my Aunt Bev will truly appreciate.

OK, baby-son is playing his music in his crib- his wake up call for me to let me know he's up. I feel like he's ringing for service. :)

BYE!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home